Please be careful of fire risk in dry weather

There was a small grass fire on the embankment of the Severn Beach railway line about lunchtime today. A fire engine and crew came out to deal with the blaze and managed to contain it before it spread onto the Church Field of Narroways, or towards the railway track. Firefighters said it was probably caused by a casually discarded cigarette. The Narroways Group and Avon Fire & Rescue Service ask that people be more careful in disposing of cigarettes and matches in this dry weather.



This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.